here are the two variables you will be adding to the monitor
parameter name: EventDescription
Alert description: $Data/EventDescription$
1. When you are creating the Event Expression click on insert, then click on button “…: under parameter name
2. Select Use Parameter Name not specified above and enter EventDescription
3. change your operator to Contains
4. under the Value, enter the words you want to find in the desction field.
THIS IS NOT DONE!!!!5. Continue to build your rule until you arrive at the Configure Alerts page. Enter the value $Data/EventDescription$ in the Alert description window. If you do not you will receive errors.
7. To test your rule the OpsMgr Event Creator tool is not going to work. It does not allow you to create custom descriptions. Log onto the server that you want to monitor and open a command window. Using the eventcreate command type the following
eventcreate /t error /ID 1000/d “fieldxu.exe THIS IS JUST A TEST BY Brad Hearn”
/t sets as an error
/ID is the event id
/d is what will be placed into the description field. Remeber to place quotes around your text.
The alerts will look something like this.
Hope this helps out.